Monday, February 23, 2009

Doctors are no fun... no fun at all...

Went to the doctor today because I have been having some female issues.  He has recommended that I have an Endometrial Ablation.   We are done having children and have fixed that issue in a permanent matter, so it is not the fact that I won't be able to have children any more that really bothers me.  Though I have to admit, even though, we are done and my DH had that issue fixed it still bothers me a bit that I will be unable to bear any more children myself (it's stupid and completely in my own head). 

What is really bothering me about the whole thing is that I hate, hate, hate medical procedures.  I just simply don't have the time for down time and I don't want to bother with it!    But I suppose that it is either do this ablation or live with anemia, severe pain for 3 weeks out of the month and bleeding that is absolutely terrible.  

I'm also scared of the risks.  It seems like if it can happen during a medical procedure, it will happen to me.  Between hemorrhaging during Asher's birth, a wet tap with my epidural with Evie, drastic blood pressure drops with Isaac and again with Osric...  I have sensitivities to certain medications and allergies to other substances too.  

I'm really just being a big ol' wimp.  I am screaming in my head, "I don't wanna!!!!!"  Then I find myself reading about all the risks, percentages of success/failure.  What it is supposed to mean - if it is successful is that I will stop being in so much pain, have 3 weeks of misery every month, my anemia probably fix itself, my hormones will be more in balance, I won't get PMS.  Wow!  Sounds too good to be true, honestly...  Nothing is as good as it seems.

--Steph


1 comment:

Isabel said...

Hi Steph!

Is this the only solution to your issue? Could you gat a second opinion?