Friday, September 12, 2008

Even More Creepy Crawlers...



It's a 50 year old house, what can I say?  The space between the storm windows and the actual windows makes for a great habitat for spiders, wasps, birds, and whatever else can make its way between the panes.

We have a beautiful (but gigantic and scary) wasp nest and a very fat black widow spider inhabiting the same space.  The spider lives about 3 or 4 inches directly below the wasp nest.  Being able to watch their... interactions...  from the safety of the window has been interesting. The black widow has been munching on the wasps.  I suppose it is a veritable buffet for lady widow...

I'm not going to let them stay for much longer as the wasp nest is just in a very scary spot and I do not want the black widow reproducing in my window.  I don't know how small her babies will be and whether or not they would be able to make it into the house.  


No comments: