Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Top 10 Reasons Why Parenting just sucks some days

10. When your kids hurt and there is nothing you can do to fix it.
9. Smart alecs.
8. Overflowing stinky diapers.
7. Late night wake up calls for sick children.
6. Late night wake up calls for sick children - when you are sick as well.
5. When they say, "I'm boooorrreeed."
4. "Are we there yet?"
3. Mount Laundry.
2. Projectile Vomit that isn't your own... not that it is good when it is your own.
1. Cleaning projectile vomit off of car carpets, walls, sheets, stuffed animals, toys, hair, clothes, floors, and pretty much anywhere else at 2:00 a.m.

As I gaze over at my beautiful sleeping child - whose little red head is peeking out over the arm of the couch, I see how all the things that suck are worth it. This little person who grew inside of me is so amazing. Even when I am cleaning the messes in the middle of the night, he's still amazing and beautiful... and a little bit pitiful at this point in time.

I am so ill myself tonight. When he woke me to tell me he had puked in his bed, I was dripping in sweat and shivering. Now I'm just shivering, but I wouldn't miss being able to be here for my kids for anything. However, I think, for tomorrow, at least, my husband may have to take over sick duty for a while so I can get some sleep.

1 comment:

Susan said...

These are all in the top ten, but there are others that belong there as well (numeric accuracy be damned):

The kid tells you she HATES you. This goes double if it is during a religious service, just as everyone is observing a "moment of silence."

The kid wrecks your new car (I promise, you won't care about the car; it'll all be about whether your child is ok).

When they act like they hate each other (esp when they are shocked that you could even think such a thing, arms thrown around each other).

How did that door get a hole in it???

I don't know.

It wasn't me!

And I wouldn't trade one second of one day with them for anything in the world!

Feel better, Crazy Mom.